Fall is such a beautiful time of the year, isn’t it? The leaves start to change into rich, warm colors, and the air becomes cool and crisp – not to mention the two holidays: Halloween and Thanksgiving!
However, there is one unfortunate thing we’re here to warn you about: fog.
Fog is it’s heaviest in the mornings and/or evenings. With that said, when you’re on your way to and from work or wherever the day takes you, be sure to keep these tips in the forefront while behind the wheel during a foggy drive:
- Make sure to minimize or cut out distractions – cut off the phone, turn down the stereo, etc.
- Use your headlights and fog lights – NOT YOUR BRIGHT LIGHTS! Using your bright lights will reduce visibility even more.
- Be sure to allow more distance between you and the surrounding vehicles.
- In order to maintain your lane most effectively, try to use the white line on the right side of the lane as a guide. If there are reflectors, those will help just as much, if not more!
- Reduce your speed a little. There’s no need to exceed the speed limit when your visibility is limited.